SUPPORT YOUR CHILD
Your child wants to succeed in school. With these ten tips in mind, you can increase your support of your very special youngster.
- Periodically (but not continuously) communicate to your child the importance of education.
- Build up your child’s confidence and self-esteem.
- Work with your child to help him or her develop a positive attitude toward work and school.
- Provide encouragement to your child whenever possible.
- Be a good listener.
- Be available to discuss problems your child is having, whether they are large or small.
- Set up your child’s time schedule to include a balance of work, play, and study.
- Establish a time for sharing and caring.
- Take part in your child’s education-be active in his or her school.
- Show your love and affection to your child-often!